- 5 kg destoned cherries
- 50 whole eggs
- 1100 gr white flour
- 11 gr salt
- 700 gr white sugar
- 200 gr vanilla flavoured sugar
- 2.0 kg double cream
- 4.5 kg milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 ºC and grease an ovenproof dish generously with butter.
- Remove the stone from the cherries if needed.
- Mix for the batter the eggs, white flour, salt, white sugar, vanilla sugar, double cream and milk until fully combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared dish and add the cherries.
- Bake for 35 min of until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool somewhat and dust with icing sugar. Serve lukewarm.
Use a shallow oven dish to make the cherries stand out. Or use individual ramequins.
The clafoutis should not be overcooked but just set.
Serve the clafoutis with thick yoghurt of chocolate ice cream.
The clafoutis is a French pastry classic. If the cherries are replaced with other fruit like figs or pears, it is called a flagnarde.