- 4 red beetroot
- 2 tbpn oil
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 50 gr walnuts
- some rocket leaves
- some balsamic reduction
- 60 gr walnut oil
- 20 gr vinegar of your liking
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Coat the beetroot in oil, season them and roast in the oven until tender. Allow to cool and peel.
- Slice the cooked beetroot thinly (using a mandolin for example) and cut out discs using a circular cutter.
- Toast the walnuts in a pan without oil for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Dice the feta.
- Combine the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the oil and set aside. Voeg al kloppend de olijfolie langzaam toe.
- Dress the plates with the beetroot, feta cubes, toasted walnuts and rocket leaves.
- Garnish with the dressing and dots of balsamic reduction.
Roasting the beetroots in the oven will allow them to keep more flavor than when cooked in water. The roasting time will depend on their size.
Pick a vinegar of your liking, fig and balsamic ore good options.