- 1 tspn capers
- 1 tspn Dijon mustard
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 90 gr mayonnaise
- 90 gr yoghurt
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbspn oil
- 1 tbspn Italians herbs
- 2-3 chicken breast filets
- 2 tbspn oil
- 400 gr Romaine lettuce
- 125 gr Parmesan cheese
- 50 gr sundried tomatoes
- Rinse the capers, pat dry and chop coarsely.
- Mix them with the mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise en yoghurt.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the bread and mix with the oil and herbs.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 10 min or until crisp and golden.
- Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally, oil them and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill in a hot pan until cooked and golden. Allow to rest and cut into strips.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and chop the sundried tomatoes.
- Shred the lettuce and mix with enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Keep any left-over dressing.
- Place the dressed leaves of the plate. Garnish with the grilled chicken, croutons, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese. Serve remaining dressing separately.
The dressing should have the consistency of thick yoghurt.
You can use up old bread when making the croutons.
By grilling the chicken, it gets a lovely bbq flavour.
The parmesan cheese is quite salty, so do not over season the dressing nor the chicken.
Add anchovies of a (soft) boiled egg if you want.