- 500 gr beef mince
- 2 gr ginger powder
- 20 gr breadcrumbs
- 2 gr salt
- 1 gr black pepper
- 3 gr dried oregano
- 4 gr ground coriander
- 8 gr Worcestershire sauce
- 15 gr ketchup
- 30 gr milk
- 10 sheets puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the ginger powder, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, oregano and ground coriander with the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and milk.
- Mix this with the beef mince until evenly distributed.
- Lightly defrost the puff pastry sheets if needed and brush one side with the beaten egg.
- Divide the meat filling along one side of the puff pastry in a cylinder shape and tightly roll the pastry around the filling, closing the seal.
- Brush the outside with the beaten egg and cut the rolls to size if needed.
- Store the rolls in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Bake the sausage rolls in a preheated oven at 200 for 15 min or until cooked through and golden.
Don’t allow the puff pastry to get too warm since it will become too soft to handle.
It is possible to prepare the sausage rolls a day in advance and only bake them when they are needed.
Use a piping bag to distribute the meat filling evenly on the puff pastry sheets.
Add cumin and use lamb mince for lamb sausage rolls. Serve with tzatziki.