- 8 slices of bread
- 8 tbspns butter
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 eggs
- 4 tspns grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease 4 wells of a muffin pan with some butter.
- Cut off the crusts of the bread. Roll out the slices with e rolling pin until they are larger and thin. Brush the first one with melted butter and place a second slice on top, but a slight angle to make it look like a star shape. Brush this second bread slice with melted butter as well. Repeat this operation until you have four pairs.
- Press the bread carefully into the greased muffin wells to create a watertight cup.
- Place some chopped ham in each bread cup and the grated cheese.
- Mix the eggs in a measuring jug and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg in each bread cup.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out.
- Serve warm immediately.
Don’t overfill the bread cups. The egg shouldn’t run between the bread cup and muffin tin.
Enrich the cups with cooked bacon bits or some smoked salmon.