Makes: 5 portions
- 1 celeriac
- ½ tspn nutmeg
- 100 gr flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tspn milk
- 100 gr bread crumbs (panko)
- Peel the celeriac and cut into cylinders or sticks. Blanch them in boiling salted water until just cooked, drain, cool under running water and pat dry.
- Get ready three bowls: one with the flour, one with the beaten egg with a splash of milk and one with the bread crumbs.
- Dip the croquettes in the flour, shake off the excess, then in the beaten egg and finally in the bread crumbs making sure they are nicely coated. Store in the fridge until needed.
- Deep fry the celeriac fritters at 180 °C in a couple of minutes, drain on paper towel and season with a pinch of salt.
Stuff to know
Preferably, use panko breadcrumbs for the fritters because they give a better result when frying.