Chicken stew with apricots and almonds
Makes: 4 portions
- 400 gr chicken
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- ½ tspn turmeric
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- ½ tbspn ground ginger
- ½ tbspn ground cumin
- ½ tspn ground coriander
- 300 gr vegetable stock
- ½ tspn honey
- 12 dried apricots
- 75 gr whole almonds
- Dice the chicken and season with the cinnamon, ground ginger, turmeric and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil and stir fry the chicken until coloured.
- Dice the onion, garlic, carrots and courgette. Add to the chicken and cook until soft.
- Add the ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander and honey and cook until they release their flavour.
- Add the vegetable stock, dried apricots, honey and whole almonds.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 min or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with couscous and extra vegetables if desired.
Stuff to know
Do not too much stock or the sauce with be watery. If so, mix some corn flour with cold water and add that to the sauce. It will thicken when boiling again.