- 50 gr whole almonds
- 280 gr flour
- 16 gr baking powder
- 2 gr salt
- 120 gr white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 gr milk
- 45 gr butter
- 15 gr amaretto
- 45 gr orange juice
- 100 gr dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C, grease a cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Roast the almonds in the oven for 5 min and chop them not too finely.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix in a different bowl the eggs, milk, melted butter, amaretto and orange juice
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the flour until just combined.
- Chop the apricots and add them with the almonds to the batter.
- Scoop the batter in the prepared tin and bake at 180 °C for 25 min or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before unmoulding.
Amaretto is an almond liquor, the cake can be made without it.
It is possible to bake 12 muffins rather than a single cake.
Do not overmix the batter of the cake becomes though.
Use fresh apricots if available.
Replace the melted butter with vegetable oil if desired.