- 250 gr quinoa
- 200 gr onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 340 gr chickpeas (pot)
- 500 gr cauliflower
- 350 gr aubergine
- 125 gr feta cheese
- 50 gr pomegranate seeds
- 50 gr almonds
- 100 gr rocket
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Stir-fry these in some oil and add to the cooked quinoa.
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse with cold water and pat dry. Add them to the quinoa.
- Season the quinoa with salt, pepper, and a vinaigrette of your choice.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 200C until the cauliflower is cooked and has nice dark edges.
- Cut the aubergine into cubes. Stir-fry these in a pan for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the feta into small cubes.
- Chop the almonds and toast in a frying pan without oil until golden brown.
- Divide the quinoa base between the plates.
- Garnish the salad with the cauliflower, aubergine, feta, pomegranates, feta, toasted almonds and the rocket.
You can also prepare the salad and eat it lukewarm.
To cook the quinoa, it is best to first rinse the quinoa well in a fine sieve and then bring to the boil with two parts water to one part quinoa. Simmer the quinoa gently until all the water has disappeared. Then turn off the heat and let the quinoa rest for five minutes with a lid on the pan.
You can make a simple but good vinaigrette from 150 gr good oil,50 gr white wine vinegar, 17 gr honey and 10 gr mustard